Hand Washing & Hand Sanitizer
How many times have you washed your hands today? Did you really sing the happy birthday song to make sure you washed them for 20 seconds? Did you moisturizer your hands after? With the global pandemic probably effecting every single human on the planet with constant breaking news updates and a crazy demand for hand sanitizer, I doubt you thought about moisturizing your hands. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for ideas for isolation.)
Constantly using hand sanitizer strips your skin of it’s natural oils which leads to premature ageing. That’s why your hands look more wrinkled when they’re dry. This is why it is vital to moisturize your skin each time you wash your hands so carry a travel size hand cream along with your travel size hand sanitizer gel. If you don’t clean your phone, washing your hands your hands is pretty pointless too! SkinVitalz Skin Care Beauty Tips: leave a hand cream next to your hand wash near your sink to remember to wash your hands.
Repeatedly washing & sanitizing your hands can also lead to skin irritation, which can cause your skin to crack and damage and therefore be more prone to infections, particularly if you have dry skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. It is vital to support the skin’s natural barrier to prevent this from happening at a time where going to the doctor’s isn’t as simple as it used to be. Studies have shown being in a super clean environment can contribute to a weakened immune system later in life, so don’t be afraid to get a little bit messy.
Skin Care Beauty Tips for dry, itchy hands: ALWAYS MOISTURIZE YOUR HANDS AFTER WASHING THEM!
The best hand cream with SPF protection I’d recommend is Forever Young’s Supergoop Hand Cream. Not only does it offer a high SPF protection and contain ceramides to maintain the skin’s barrier protection, it’s also doubles up as brightening cream that helps fade those dark age spots! Ideal for all skin tones and types. Awarded Allure Magazine’s Best of Beauty. See more Skin Care Beauty Tips.
How Stress Effects Skin & Health
When our body’s are under high stress they release cortisol which can cause hormonal imbalances that can cause breaks outs on your face and body. Stress can make our skin more sensitive and reactive to what is going on due to the fight-or-flight mode that stress induces. It’s well known to worsen pre-existing conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, heart disease, asthma, obesity, and of course mental health conditions as well as contributing to poor sleep and a weakened immune system. Studies have shown elevated levels of cortisol are also associated with increased appetite, sugar cravings and weight gain so looking on the bright side and looking after ourselves, for others as well as ourselves, is more important now than ever.
Want to “boost” your immune system to protect you from Coronavirus? That would actually be difficult to achieve as our immune systems are just that – a system, but strengthening and supporting your immune system can be done. The key to good health is a strong immune system as having a weakened immune system makes us more susceptible to colds, flu and other issues.
Vitamin C & Vitamin D are 2 of the best vitamins to take during these days of uncertainty and quarantine. Vitamin D is highly recommended due to the fact that we won’t get as much from the Sunlight with being isolated at home. Recent reports in the New York post showed “patients who received vitamin C did significantly better than those who did not get vitamin C”. Increase your Vitamin C intake today whether it’s in the form of supplements, or fruit and vegetables.
Fruit & Vegetables higher in Vitamin C than oranges:
- Bell Peppers
- Brussel Sprouts
Ideas for isolation
Forget NetFlix & chill, 3 key habits you’d benefit from developing for when the lockdown is lifted are:
- Habit to exercise.
- Habit to keep creative.
- Habit to source your income.
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite ideas for isolation to keep you busy if you are staying home and staying safe to protect yourself and others.
- For a light, portable exercise equipment for resistance training and cardio training, check out the Body Boss sale, using coupon code SKINVITALZ for 10% OFF.
- Practice breathing and balance with a Anti-Tear Yoga Mat (Ideal for Doga – Dog Yoga)
- See the benefits of mindfulness & meditation daily meditation using the Calm App.
- Pilates to strengthen your back and core strength. Great for lower back pain from sitting.
- Stretch with a cost effective Resistance Band to tone & strengthen your muscles.
- Use a Foam Roller if you’re missing your regular massages or need a massage.
- Keep motivated with an Apple Watch – your ultimate workout partner!
- Get into a routine and tell Alexa to set an exercise reminder using the Amazon Echo Dot.
- Declutter with a cleaning project and get organizing to set up your work/study/yoga space.
- Learn a new language with the DuoLingo App.
- Enjoy playing the same music with your friends anywhere in the world with Jukebox.today built by creative tech genius HakJav. (we’re trying to convince him to allow streaming the same video/internet page too.)
- Try a homemade face mask recipe using things from your cupboard.
- Create a website using my favourite platform I couldn’t recommend enough, WA.
- Create a bullet journal. Fun to make and keep motivated with.
- Ask Alexa for cooking ideas or to read you a book from Audible.
- Sell your books and make space in the house with an Kindle E-reader.
- Start your own online business and learn the secrets to success with Wealthy Affiliate.
- Learn how to earn from home and become a blogger.
- Become a Freelancer with Fiverr and help people all around the world.
Other articles you might find useful:
- Coronavirus and Vitamin D – Can low Vitamin D levels increase your risk?
- Coronavirus and Vitamin C – Can it prevent it?
- Stress effects on the Skin & Tips to De-stress
Stay safe, healthy and well most importantly!
Feel free to hit that subscribe button for more advice to keep you busy.
Share online to give other ideas for isolation
Oodles of love x